The Nassau County Auxiliary Police is looking for concerned residents between the ages of eighteen and sixty to assist the Nassau County Police Department in protecting our communities.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications to become a member of the department.
- A United States citizen
- A resident of Nassau County
- Of good moral character
- At least 18, but not yet 60
- Submit to fingerprinting
- Have their background investigated by the Applicant Investigation Unit of the Nassau County Police Department
- Submit to a drug test
- Submit to a psychological examination
- Submit to a physical exam conducted by the Nassau County Police Department Surgeons Office
- No criminal convictions
- No pending criminal charges
- A valid New York State driver license
- A high school diploma or GED
If you meet these criteria and would like to request an application, please fill out the form below.